Indian Society of Aerosol, Air quality and Climate Change Research (ISAACCR)
(Society under Registration : Likely to be registered)
Department of Physics, Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
Srinagar – 246 174; Uttarakhand
As Society, ISAACCR will provide a means for the exchange of scientific knowledge and resources for the advancement of atmospheric/aerosol science.
Its main objectives are:
- To promote the climate change, aerosol and air quality research in India.
- To promote, encourage and develop the growth of atmospheric Physics /aerosol science and technology disciplines and their applications in various sector across the country.
- To disseminate information concerning the developments in the field through publications such as bulletins, reports, newsletters and journals.
- To organize workshops, symposia, seminars, courses and other academic activities in various parts of the country, so as to offer a platform for reporting and discussing new developments.
- To organize regional chapters of the society in different parts of the country as per requirement.
- To promote international co-operation through collaborating with similar bodies across globe through information exchange, joint symposia and meetings etc., in the field of theoretical and applied aerosol science and technology.
- ISAACCR will be committed to find new ways leading to promote the existing functionary towards the advancement in the field of Atmospheric/ aerosol research.
- Awareness program on climate change, air pollution, environmental safety, management etc. Young minds would be encouraged to study and research on atmospheric sciences, environmental sciences.
- OUTREACH program for the school and college students and also for post-graduate students where some popular lectures would be delivered by some eminent speakers, demonstrations, hands-on experiments etc.
- Support for “Scholar in Home” for eminent researchers
- Basic Sciences : Nucleation, Aggregation, Mesoscopic State, Soft-condensed matter, Fractals
- Industrial Safety and Applications : Material synthesis, Sprays, Defense Application, Air cleaning Technology,
Occupational protection, Dyes and Paints.
- Environmental Effects: Atmospheric dispersion, Atmospheric Electricity, Cloud physics, Acid Rain, Atmospheric Radioactivity, Climate Change, Visibility, Source Apportionment and Receptor Modeling
- Nanomaterials: Material Synthesis, EHD Sprays, Nanoaerosol Measurement, Nanocoatings
- Application: Biological and Social Sciences
ISAACCR will be able for valuable spread of expertise with members across scientific, medical, industrial, and academic domains represented by the following:
Gurukul Kangri, Haridwar
Kumaun University, Naintal
Doon University, Dehradoon
Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
MJP Ruhelljand University, Bareilly
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi
SV Pune University, Pune
Dayalbagh Institute, Agra
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune
Bose Institute, Darjeeling
Wadia Institute of Himayan Geology, Dehradoon
Indian Institue of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun
National Physical Laboratory, Delhi
Forest Research Institute Dehradun
The Executive Committee of ISAACCR will be elected by way of polls once in three years. Presently, its constitution will be as given below:
|President||Prof S C Bhatt, HNBGU Srinagar||Vice President||Prof R C Ramola, HNBGU Srinagar|
|Secretary||Dr Alok Sagar Gautam, HNBGU Srinagar||Treasurer||Dr Manish Uniyal, HNBGU Srinagar|
|Joint Secretary||Dr Shubhra Kala, HNBGU Srinagar|
|Members||Dr. Suresh Tiwari IITM, Delhi||Dr. P D Safai, IITM Pune|
|Dr. Rajiv Pandey, FRI Dehradoon||Dr. Bartwal Kunwar Singh, RRCAT Indore|
|Dr. Abhijeet Chaterjee, Bose Institute Darjeeling||Dr J C Kuniyal, G.B.P.N.I.H.E.S.D Kullu|
|Dr S D Pawar, IITM Pune|
Membership Eligibility of Society
- ISAACCR will recognize its members in two broad classes. These classes along with the respective eligibility criterion are governed as under:
- Honorary Member shall be a person of outstanding professional distinction in the basic and applied field of Atmospheric Physics/ Aerosol Science and Technology.
- Life Member and Annual Member shall be person who subscribes to the aims and objectives of the Association and shall be a science & engineering graduate or a person who has adequate experience in the field and who has paid the fees for this class.
- One can express the interest of becoming a member of the association by filling out the online questionnaire or by sending the copy of duly filled printed form.
The Life Membership fee of Rs.500 (which includes an Admission Fee of Rs. 50)/Annual Membership fee of Rs 150 (which includes an admission Fee of Rs 50) is to be paid along with the Application Form. Honorary Members and Patrons are exempted from payment of fees.
The payment can be made through a DD or cheque, payable at Srinagar (Garhwal) drawn in favor of ISAACCR. Kindly add Rs.50 as bank charges for outstation cheque In the case of non-residents of India, the subscription for each category will be the same amount in U.S. Dollars or equivalent foreign currency as Rupees for Indian residents.
Applicant will be intimated regarding the confirmation of his membership after due approval from the Executive Committee of ISAACCR.