National Conference On Aerosols, Air Quality & Climate Change (Aac-2018) On Himalayan Region Of Uttarakhand
Organised by: Department of Physics, HNB Garhwal Central University &
Supported by: Tech Counsellor (Technical Partner)
Topics / Themes of the Conference
Physical, Chemical & Optical Characteristics of Atmospheric Aerosols
- Studies of the physical and chemical of aerosol properties and its behavior into the atmosphere.
- Formation of particles from nanometer and micrometer dimensions in size, classification and measurement of transport and deposition properties.
- Aerosol-cloud interactions in-situ and laboratory measurement.
- Overview of the aerosol study in the Himalayan region Uttarakhand.
- Columnar optical depth and near-surface mass concentration of aerosols.
- Role of air mass trajectories on aerosols.
Study of aerosols by Aerosol Remote Sensing & application of Remote Sensing
- Remote sensing via satellite, surface and airborne instrumentation measurements of aerosol.
- Spatial and temporal coverage for validation of numerical models of aerosol production, dispersion and deposition.
- Testing the fidelity of air quality, weather and climate models.
- Possibilities of the research through Aerosol remote sensing in Himalayan region Uttarakhand
- Application of Remote sensing.
Impact of Aerosol on Human Health.
- Role of pollution in the air borne deceases i.e asthma increase.
- Link between asthma and pollution.
- Role play by the aerosols from the role play by the precursor gases near the traffic source.
- Bio-diversity conservation sustainable utilization and management of traditional knowledge.
- Forest & cultural heritage of the Himalaya.
- Survey, evaluation of deforestation and aforestation & ecological balance;
- Forest fire and other hazards, agro-forestry, social forestry & conservation of forests.
- Present status of protected habitats in India – problems & prospects.
- Eco degradation of natural reserve habitats.
- Prospects of cultivation & conservation of medicinal plants in Himalaya.
- Bio-diversity hotspots, environmental challenges.
- Traditional health care system.
- Bio-Technology, Biology and Bio-Science.
Impact of air pollution on Agriculture, Environment and Climate over Himalayan region.
- Emission of primary pollutants as sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxide and particulates into the atmosphere.
- Effect of primary pollutants in urban areas close to the large point sources.
- Secondary pollutants include tropospheric (ground level) ozone, by subsequent chemical reactions in the atmosphere.
- The reactions leading to ozone formation from primary pollutants by high temperature and light intensities.
- Complex mixtures of pollutants, which may be particularly significant in urban and periurban areas, larger effects on yields than individual pollutants in isolation.
- Land development-issues, policies, strategies & soil conservation.
- Regional-local issues of micro-level planning and eco-farming for sustainable agriculture.
- Agriculture stagnation & food deficit.
- Contribution of livestock to the Indian economy.
- Horticulture-development, present status, related problems and future potentials.
- Sustainable agro-forestry and allied activities system for different climatic zones.
- Intensive farming land degradation and food security.
- Possible sources of primary, secondary pollutants over Himalayan region Uttarakhand.
- Observations i.e Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer, Cloud-Aerosol Lidar with Orthogonal Polarization etc.
- Biomass burning and BC/OC emission.
- Aerosol radiative forcing during biomass burning period & its implications to Himalayan glaciers.
Aerosol System over High Altitude Himalayas from observations and modeling and their possible effects of glaciers and radiation budget.
- Aerosol abundance over High altitudes Himalayas.
- The large spatial and temporal heterogeneity of the aerosol properties and climate-impact assessment of aerosols.
- Regional trends and discussion on the potential climate implications.
- Simulation and Modeling through high-end computational technology.
- Food, Chemical and Agricultural Engineering
Role of Aerosols on Water-Energy Resources and Development of Hydropower in Uttarakhand
- Water Resources overview
- Regional issues, potentials, availability, utilization & development of hydropower.
- Springs, glaciers, snow melting and water budgeting.
- Water management: rain water harvesting, water pollution, conservation, planning & polices.
- Hydropower potential in Uttarakhand- opportunities & challenges
- Energy resources conservation and renewable sources of energy.
- Flood and drought management.
- Himalayan mountains and their contribution to cooling of the earth.
- Climate change impacts on different environmental components and livelihood systems (land, water, atmosphere, biosphere, cropping, forestry, animal husbandry, human health, fisheries etc).
- Climate change adaptation programmes in India.
- Clean Development Mechanisms & Ecosystem services in the Himalayan states.
- Climate change and its impact on biodiversity.
Application of Engineering and Technology
- Engineering hydrology and water resource management.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Embedded system design and its application.
- Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Next Generation Tool
- Assessment and analysis of environmental activities through MATLAB and advanced engineering tools.
- Computational engineering, biomedical engineering and role of engineering & technology in today’s era.
- Industrial Engineering, Materials and Manufacturing Human Factors and Safety Engineering.
- Mechanical, Mechatronics and Civil Engineering.
- Engineering and technology for the smart cities and societies.
- Renewable energy systems.
Advancements in Applied and Basic Sciences.
- Fundamental and Applied Sciences
- Food, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences
- Geology, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Computational Modeling
- Chemical Sciences
- Green Technology
- Innovation and Science and Engineering
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Nanotechnology & Its Application
- Physics and Mathematical Sciences
- Applications of Computation as a Scientific Paradigm
- Mathematical Modelling
- Computational Physics & Biology
- Quantum computation & Advanced Chemistry
Publication Scope of the Journal
- All submitted paper, if accepted by the conference and based on the choice of participants shall be published on UGC or Scopus Indexed Journals. (Visit Publication Section)
- Journal fee is additional to conference fee. (Visit Registration Section)
- Participants can opt for SKYPE However, conference registration is mandatory by one of the authors of the article.
- For SKYPE presentation, the author must opt this option at the time of registration, after acceptance of the paper.
- AACHNBGU / TECH COUNSELLOR Reserve all the rights.
- Please read all the terms and condition associated with the conference before submission of paper.
- Maximum Paper Page Limit: 10
- All fee and registration charges are Non – Refundable